Saturday, September 19, 2015

I love being a dad!

I really don't know why the idea to blog about fatherhood just occurred to me this week. My son is a few months past 3 years old now, and so there certainly has not been a dearth of material and events to write about.

Before Andrew was born, even, I had intentions of writing a book about fatherhood.  I took notes and wrote stories during the pregnancy, during his first year of life, and a little beyond even.  Other things happened, and the book is still in limbo, but I really should have been putting those stories onto a blog this whole time.

But hey, better late than never, right?  And now that he's three, he's walking, he's talking, heck, he's even almost completely potty trained! -- there's still plenty to write about AND I can always go back and fill in some of the details!

If you're just reading this, I hope you enjoy from here on out.  The title of this blog comes from Andrew's favorite meal.  My boy loves him some cheese.  And when he was two years old, anytime we asked him what he wanted to eat - breakfast, lunch, or dinner -- it was "Mac'oniandkeysandkeys"  (loose translation into English - Macaroni&Cheese and cheese).  Now that he's three, he usually only asks for that meal at lunch and dinner, preferring yogurt or cereal for breakfast.  So his palette is definitely expanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment