Wednesday, September 23, 2015

What the HECK??

Just when we think we've got this potty training thing down, it all blows up in our face.  Andrew had been doing SO well, not having accidents, staying in big boy underwear for the entire day (still sleeping in a diaper, but waking hours were all in a dry pair of underwear).

Then in the past couple of weeks, it's like he's totally forgotten how to hold it in!  When we suggest he go use the potty, he says, "I don't have to go."  We've had to force him to go try.  When he does tell us he needs to go, it's usually seconds before an accident.

Tonight, I asked if he needed to go and he said, "I don't have to go."  I told him we'd go try in ten minutes anyway.  Ten minutes later, I said, "Let's go use the potty."  I got up to walk to the bathroom with him, and he stood looking at me as he peed all over the floor. 

My wife and I are at our wits' ends!

I guess it's back to diapers for a while! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment